4 String Bass Progress...

Here Are The Pictures (http://tbbassprogress.blogspot.com)

This was directed more towards the people at Talkbass.com, but since I've found this site I will post it here as well. Anyways, for those of you who enjoy looking at progress pics, they are all posted at the link above. Leave a few comments if you would, as I'm always extremely bored and in need something to read.

- Cerb

P.S. I was just wondering how old you were when you started your first bass project. I'm glad that I've gotten a nice head start at the age of 15 .

P.P.S. I will also be posting the updates here in this thread for those of you that would like to follow the progress but don't want to look at the blog more than needed.

Edited by Cerb

Neck blank looks nice  :D

Not with a straightedge held to it. It has about 2 millimeters of bow in it. Soon I will glue up a second one with the wood I have left. The one in the pictures will go towards a more experimental bolt-on project. That way, if it ever decides to bow more, or even break in half, I could just scrap it instead of ruining a bass.

2 (3, sorta) Small Updates: 5 new images

The top body wing was unclamped and trimmed up. It's now ready to be routed with a flush cut bit around its edges. The bottom wing is now clamped and drying. I also made a simple Fenderesque logo for the headstock (back, most likely).

Edited by Cerb

I like the bass, so far, (I am always in a hurry to see more) but would like to point out that there is no such thing as a "stupid cat". I got a 18 pound 1 year old I call "Bubba" and, STUPID? I think NOT!!! He is fed huge amounts of expensive food, screws all the good-looking felines in the area and sleeps with my wife! Who in this scenerio is really stupid? Here's my sign. :D