Custom Guitar Wiring

Riku77

Sweet Guitar Body Idea? but im a retard when it comes to wiring  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you don't have a switch of some kind, you'll be stuck with a single pickup configuration. How is it wired now? Is it wired at all? How do you want to it switch?

You could get normal (one, other, both) switching options if you used two push-pull pots, one for each tone, so that pulling out each tone pot turned that pickup on.

Bottom line, you HAVE to have a switch or you'll be stuck with one pickup, the other pickup, or both and not be able to change back and forth - period. You have to have a switch.

Well, I guess you could also just have two volumes and no switch, but you're saying 1 volume 2 tone.

What is it you're actually trying to do?

Why not have a volume pot for each pickup? or, have a blend pot that lets you mix or select either? then you dont need a switch :D

:D

Oh yeah, u dont need switches if you want more than one humbucker, but each must have some way of altering its volume if you want to switch between them. My advice is to look for a gibson explorer wiring, and solder the inputs and outputs that would go to the switch together and voila!

there's a caparsion guitar (i think thats how the name is spelt :S) that has a push-push pot to change to the neck pickup, looks like it would work quite well. and that way it'd only need a smack on the top of the pot to change pickups rather than fiddling with push-pull pots. They sell them in quite a few places and aren't any more expensive than push-pull pots :D

Dumb question, but being that it is shaped like an AK-47....would it be possible that the switch is actually the trigger. Give it a shot (No pun intended) but I bet that is a switch. I can't see why you would put more than one pickup without switching options.

Dumb question, but being that it is shaped like an AK-47....would it be possible that the switch is actually the trigger. Give it a shot (No pun intended) but I bet that is a switch. I can't see why you would put more than one pickup without switching options.

Did you check it yet? I'm curious. There has to be a switch on there.

well no there isint there isint really a carved out trigger guard, when i finish for all you who wantto see i'll post pictures, but that trigger switch idea sounds like such a great idea im thinking about cutting a whole in it to do it

Oh you are building it, i thought it was just something you had purchased.

Well yeah, definitely do a trigger switch, it would be too cool. Or if that doesn't work you could make a safety/fire switch into a pickup selector. Or maybe a semi-auto to 3 round burst to full auto switch. (Both would be rotary style)