This Looks Familiar

marksound

Especially if you're going to include the line 'this guitar is so perfect pics don't do it justice', followed by a pic of the break out on the treble side of the cutaway!

The top looks absolutely fantastic, very nicely levelled and finished, but the closeups reveal some details which are a bit disappointing. As it stands it would still be a pretty sweet deal as a project guitar, but IMO you should be ironing out the detail work and charging more for what could be a fantastic piece.

Hey BigD, I for one like it with the flaws left in. That Conklin is a bit over the top, but it makes a statement. I tried to leave some "nature" in my burl too. I wasn't going to fill any of the crevices, but I ended up doing it anyway -except a couple big ones. I think it still looks good. One of these days when I stop obsessing on it, I'll take pics and post the final results.

I'm doing a similar (but thicker) burl top on my next one. It's a commission so the client might want the "flaws" covered up. I'll try to steer him towards the more natural look. :D

yea thats my guitar.  no idea why the guy is selling it. 

neck pocket is not a full 5/8 like the standard tele.  its about 1/2 so the strings are off the body more. 

Live edges where part of the maple burl, was not going to sand them out.

I agree with leaving the natural edges, that's the right call. My issue was with the chipout on the treble side of the pocket. It's a minor gripe, but IMO it could be easily & invisibly repaired, and I would have done so before parting with the piece.

I guess it's possible seller chipped it, and that's why he's shifting it...?