Hey Inlay Gods

Okay...this will probably seem like a simple thing to you inlay Gods, but to me, it's not.

I need help doing a pyramid inlay on the neck of my guitar. If I provide you with the pre cut, pearloid materials, would any of you be willing to do the actual inlaying for me?

I'm by no means a rich man, but I would be willing to pay for the work if I can afford it. Drop me a line if you're open to chatting about it.

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by sscovill

So you want the inlays to practice with and then when you've perfected it, I would send you the neck? Is that correct?

What would you charge me to do it and would that include refretting?

Thanks,

Steve

Sorry, "try" was a bad word choice, I wouldn't want to go with no confidence either...  I wouldn't do a first run of anything on a finished product.

It's very hard to say without at least a picture of what you are trying to do and a better understanding of your expectations of the finished job... As you say, this might be something I am not comfortable with either. I'm willing to look at what you want to do and we can go from there, no commitment until we both are in agreement... thanks, dkw

A picture? Are you not familiar with the Ibanez Jem disappearing pyramid inlay? As far as my expectation of the finished product, I expect it to be damn near perfect. Otherwise, I'd try it myself.

Like I said, this is my only neck...it's not a project neck and I honestly can't afford to have anything go "wrong" with it that would affect the playing.

Edited by sscovill

Steve, if you have the actual inlays I can maybe help you.

What's the fretboard wood?

I don't pull frets, and I don't re-fret either. Someone else would do those stages. I know a great luthier right down here by me that definity can do that. I would need to get his price for you.

Let me know.

C.Lavin

www.handcraftinlay.com

Yeah, I can get the inlay material (pearloid), I just haven't yet until I determined if I could find someone to do it for me at a reasonable price.

The fretboard is maple and currently has black "standard" dots...nothing fancy or troublesome to modify.

What do you think?

Steve

I'm not interested in working in maple for this particular project, or retrofitting holes. I am sure I will go overbudget on time.

Best of luck.

C. Lavin