Guitar Building Books

Hey Everyone,

So I'm doing an independent study next semester and i'm going to be building a guitar with my teacher. Basically, my summer assignment is to read up about guitar building, choosing different woods, pickups, body/neck styles, etc etc so that i may begin work on the guitar the minute the semester starts. I'm going to need to be able to back up the reasons for my choices. Can anyone recomend any books on the topic? Thanks!

Danny

Hey Everyone,

So I'm doing an independent study next semester  and i'm going to be building a guitar with my teacher.  Basically, my summer assignment is to read up about guitar building, choosing different woods, pickups, body/neck styles, etc etc so that i may begin work on the guitar the minute the semester starts.  I'm going to need to be able to back up the reasons for my choices.  Can anyone recomend any books on the topic?  Thanks!

Danny

Make Your Own Electric Guitar, by Melvyn Hiscock. Straight forward, easy to understand, full of knowledge and the wisdom of experience to back it up.