Finishing A Flame Neck

I've read some of the posts here, and some things on the "re-ranch" site but two things I'm not to clear on; :D

1.) The neck I have has some great flame to it, it's a Warmoth neck with their sealer on it. I would like to stain it slightly vintge amber to get the flame to "pop". Should I remove the Warmoth sealer, and if so, what's the best product / method to do so?

2.) To get the flame to "pop" I've read that I need to stain it a little darker than I want, sand it back so that the color only remains in the grain, and re-stain the color I really want. Question; should I just use the amber I have in a heavier strength for the coat to sand back, or should I use a brown, or dark brown, to make the flames more pronounced?

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Thanks again!

One more newbie question if you don't mind; I can't really "see" the sealer, but have been told it there. Would it make the job any easier / more complete removeal if I use some sort of a striper first? Something like "Homer Forbey's" or do you guys use something different?

Thanks!

Before you jump in with anything try staining it and see what happens. If the stain takes great. If it doesn't get some stripper. Formby's is good for this one because it's one of the weakest on the market and it's really hard to screw up with it. Do remember to read the instructiolns and see if you need to neutralize it before staining and finishing.