New Singlecut Rosewood Neck Electric

Myka--

What's your usual market for your guitars, i.e. what type of music? I can only really imagine your guitars being used for jazz or maybe folk guitar, in terms of the market that would be attracted to the looks and quality of your product, but do any of your customers play rock?

More to the point, do you have any soundclips?

Crazy wicked guitar and finish, btw. :D:D

Jay, the pickups covers for #025 are all solid wood. For the tiger eye guitar they were veneered over plack plastic. The solid wood covers are very fragile so a plastic backup is a decent idea. I made them by routing out the inside first while they were still part of a larger board. Then I bandsawed the perimeter and sanded them to size. Then I drilled the holes using a drilling template I made for the hole spacing. I plan to have these templates remade in steel when I get the chance.

skibum, my clients are all over the place but mostly I sell to rock and fusion (jazz-rock-funk) players (a lot of fusion players are shredders who need more chords in their progressions). The Dragonfly guitars definitely appeal to the jazz guys but variations on this guitar are being built now that will cater to more of a rock and fusion pallete as well the clean jazz tones. Usually what people want from me is what they cannot get off the shelf or from larger more standardized custom shops. Whether it is electronics, specific woods, obscure hardware and pickups, unique designs, etc my clients are people who have a very unique vision in mind and they want to spec it out to the most minute detail. I am also getting a lot of interest lately from studio musicians who want more versatility and custom wiring as well as guitar synth options.

Of the current orders I have starting this month there is 1 jazz guy, a pop rock player, an experimental noise guitarist, and a classic rock and roller. 3 of these will be very plain aesthetically. One will be over the top quilt (the rocker).

EDIT: I need to get more sound clips, I know. I am working on getting a decent recording setup for this. Hopefully soon.

Edited by Myka Guitars