Polishing Substance

OK, I don't know how it's called in English. I believe it's somekind of an artificial wax.

You apply it on the already painted and laquered surface. Then you rub with a cloth and the substance adds mirror shine to the surface.

I have seen it being used on automobiles.

Is it ok to use such thing on already finished guitars? Does it easily wear off? And what's it's name, *******EDITED******?

Thanks guys!

Edited by bluespresence

OK, I don't know how it's called in English. I believe it's somekind of an artificial wax.

You apply it on the already painted and laquered surface. Then you rub with a cloth and the substance adds mirror shine to the surface.

I have seen it being used on automobiles.

Is it ok to use such thing on already finished guitars? Does it easily wear off? And what's it's name, *****EDITED*****?

Thanks guys!

Hehe, its called buffing compound or polish. Some popular brands are 3M, McGuiars(sp???), and Turtle Wax. I personally use 3M line of brands, but its all in personal preference. Yes its ok to use on guitars, and i don't know what you mean by "wear off" easily. Maybe you are getting confused with car wax.

Or maybe you are talking about car wax :D:D

Edited by bluespresence

Thank you for your reply, AlGeeEater.

Yeah, I've seen it on cars only.

You apply it on the surface.

Then wait for like 30-40 minutes for it to dry very well.

Then you just wipe it off with a cloth and the result is mirror glare.

Didn't know that there's such thing especially made to be used on guitars.

So, does it wear off or is it hard as a rock and indestructible?

Edited by DrummerDude

OK DrummerDude.....I know your sig says your English is not the greatest but this forum will not tolerate the continued use of profanity. Please stop using it in every post you make or you will be sent on vacation. There are thousands of members here that can have a conversation without cursing....please respect them and do the same. Think of it this way....If you won't say it in front of your Grandma then don't say it here. If your Grandma lets you talk like that then you have more issues than we can deal with on PG...... :D