Jeff Beck

psw

I just got some bootleg DVD's of Jeff Beck...will unlikely to ever see him down here :D ...the guy is just phenomenal, like no other.

Fantastic phrasing, dynamics, hot sounds and tricks, great tunes and musicians. All you shreaders ought to check him out...astonishing...still I'm a fan!!!

pete

Absolute classic album, Blow by Blow...but I'm really digging his new stuff...hard loops with kickass guitar and real tunes.

Guitarshop, is another classic.

His new one "Jeff" is good and I really like that one that open's with Roy's Toy...not "who else"...the other recent one! (it's in the car...forget the name) The track Nadia is just beautiful too, beautiful eastern melodies over a drum'nbass kind of groove.

The stuff really works live as well. There is an official bootleg CD from www.jeffbeck.com that has the best of this latest stuff and the qualities supurb for a live recording (recorded at BB Kings,NY, 2003). Well worth getting.

The guy really is still operating at the top of his game. It's mesmerising whatching his no pick right hand. Constantly switching pickups, volume controls, tones, and working that whammy, slapping the strings, punching the guitar...and all to get some astounding sounds out of his guitar...really is terrific stuff.

pete