Oh What A Wonderful Day :)

Jivin

Today I think I played two of the best guitars I have ever played in my life!

Was shopping for a new combo amp (which is another story in itself) and decided to take a trip up to the acoustic room in a guitar shop in town, and I ended up picking up a Taylor acoustic... roughly $6000AU I think it was, and OH MY GOD... it was like heaven in a guitar.

If you had asked me 8 years ago if I ever thought I would say "yes this guitar is worth 6 thousand dollars" I would have laughed at you, but this guitar was just extraordinary! It had this beautifully balanced sound... very sparkling in the high end, but it had the most amazing bass response I have heard in an acoustic... it was magical! I think it was flamed maple for back and sides and spruce for the top.

AND THEN as if that wasnt enough, the very day after I had been drooling over that T5 marksound had posted about, there it was.... shining like a beacon of light in the corner... the first one the shop had received. It was absolutely exquisite! They had it set up going into a A/B box and into an electric and acoustic amp, and through both it was amazing, and the amount of different sounds you can coax from just the "one" pickup in it was just so cool and to top it off it played as smooth as a babies bottom :D

Next week I am putting a deposit on a T5 Custom with the Koa top...

http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/t5/fe...px?model=custom

In the words of Arnie.... "can you beleive how much I am in heaven?"

:D

- Dan

EDIT - Arrr man, amidst all the excitement I made a boo boo in the thread title... if a mod is feeling generous... could you fix it up please B)

Edited by bluespresence

Today I think I played two of the best guitars I have ever played in my life!

Was shopping for a new combo amp (which is another story in itself) and decided to take a trip up to the acoustic room in a guitar shop in town, and I ended up picking up a Taylor acoustic... roughly $6000AU I think it was, and OH MY GOD... it was like heaven in a guitar.

If you had asked me 8 years ago if I ever thought I would say "yes this guitar is worth 6 thousand dollars" I would have laughed at you, but this guitar was just extraordinary!  It had this beautifully balanced sound... very sparkling in the high end, but it had the most amazing bass response I have heard in an acoustic... it was magical!  I think it was flamed maple for back and sides and spruce for the top.

AND THEN as if that wasnt enough, the very day after I had been drooling over that T5 marksound had posted about, there it was.... shining like a beacon of light in the corner... the first one the shop had received.  It was absolutely exquisite! They had it set up going into a A/B box and into an electric and acoustic amp, and through both it was amazing, and the amount of different sounds you can coax from just the "one" pickup in it was just so cool and to top it off it played as smooth as a babies bottom :D

Next week I am putting a deposit on a T5 Custom with the Koa top...

http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/t5/fe...px?model=custom

In the words of Arnie.... "can you beleive how much I am in heaven?"

- Dan

EDIT  - Arrr man, amidst all the excitement I made a boo boo in the thread title... if a mod is feeling generous... could you fix it up please B)

Is someone a little excited Jivin?? i must admit they are AMAZING... perhaps lay of the coffee a lil? hehe *joke* B)

hehe i wouldnt of left the place :D

~~ Slain Angel ~~

perhaps lay of the coffee a lil? hehe *joke*  B)

... never!

Must agree coffee seems to be the only way forward for us mere mortals to rock on past the hour of 6:00am

Jivin... i beleive next time you need to take your digital camera with you....we want pictures n we want em... NOW :D

*drinks another coffee*... Cya sooon :D

Why is it that YOU can find a T5 in BFA Australia and I can't get my hands on one in either Omaha or Kansas City in the heart of the USA until July??!!

Dammit. I had to settle for a Les Paul Classic instead...darn.

By "get my hands on one" do you mean to try or to buy? Musician's Friend has all but the koa-topped custom in stock and ready to ship.

The one I played in store wasnt the custom, it was just a standard with a tobacco burst maple top. The one im putting my deposit on is the custom model, because I love the koa B) I'm not entirely sure how long I will have to wait, but it will be a month or so until I can entirely pay it off.

Nice buy! Now I want to hear you play it like Doyle Dykes in the T5 video!  :D

Uhh yeah... i'll have to get back to you on that one :D

- Dan

To try it. I wouldn't spend that much money on a guitar unless I actually had a chance to play and look it over first, no matter what the return policy is. Besides, MF had a month and a half wait last week, anyway. Funny how they suddenly have them in stock when the local stores can't seem to get any...

I'd been looking to buy the LP for a while, though. I just wanted to try a T5 out just for another option. I think my next purchase will probably be an 814CE sometime next year, anyway.

To try it. I wouldn't spend that much money on a guitar unless I actually had a chance to play and look it over first, no matter what the return policy is. Besides, MF had a month and a half wait last week, anyway. Funny how they suddenly have them in stock when the local stores can't seem to get any...

I'd been looking to buy the LP for a while, though. I just wanted to try a T5 out just for another option. I think my next purchase will probably be an 814CE sometime next year, anyway.

As a taylor owner, I would buy one sight unseen any day. At least the upper level ones. Something like the new T5 is a high-end enough model I wouldn't hesitate to order one.

Worst case is the MF folks might not know how to set it up. But if you're investing 2800 bucks in a guitar, what's a little more effort to really dial it in.

A gibson, i would not order.. i could play several different gibsons in a store and they would all be completely different.. Their consistensy is a little suspect.

True, I went through a lot of Gibsons at a lot of stores before I found mine. I've just been more than a little concerned when manufacturers start selling through MF because the quality seems to slip ever so slightly. Even the hassle of setting up a new instrument is more than I want to deal with if I know my local store will do it free for life if I buy it from them. I know Taylor is very consistent, but having only heard it played through my computer speakers I wouldn't want to order one without knowing I would be comfortable playing it myself.