A Question On Cabinets

suregork

I'm sorry if this has been asked, but the search didn't give me any answers.

I was thinking of building myself a 1*12, one 8 ohm speaker, or a 2*12 cab, with two 16 ohm speakers in parallel. I have two questions:

1. Is a cabinet simply a input jack --> speaker hot --> speaker neg --> neg to ground? Or are there any more electronics in between.

2. I have no idea how to calculate the volume of the box with the help of these values given for the speaker(s): click here (scroll down to the Thiele-Small Parameters)

I don't know yet whether it will become a sealed or open cabinet. Which one would suit better for these speakers?

Anyways I'll be thankful for any replies.

:D

1. Is a cabinet simply a input jack --> speaker hot --> speaker neg --> neg to ground? Or are there any more electronics in between.

It's that simple. No electronics between the jack and the speakers.

2. I have no idea how to calculate the volume of the box with the help of these values given for the speaker(s): click here (scroll down to the Thiele-Small Parameters)

Except for very few exceptions, guitar speaker cabinets ignore Thiele-Small Parameters.

BTW, great choice of speaker. I put some Gov's in these cabs that I built recently:

Pic1, Pic2, Pic3, Pic4, Pic5.

Edited by Saber

thanks. What is the volume of your boxes?

The volume is very loud! Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

Each cab is around 87000 cubic centimetres. But it wasn't based on any calculations. From the different 2x12 cabs that I checked, the Mesa horizontal recto comes closest to the dimensions of my cabs, for what it's worth.