Id just like to thank Brian for sending me a Saga Kit (it was paid for ofcourse :D). It arraived today(about a week earlier than expected :D). Ive already gone through and checked it out, and everything is threre. Ive also gone through and done a test fit, and its not too bad (for a saga kit atleast from the things ive been hearing). The only problems I encounterd were

1) the neck bolts were too long and stick up in the neck pickup cavity, which from what i have read, happens on all sagas, and is no biggie cause they can be easilty filed down to size.

2) there was a couple of places were the guitar had obviously been chipped during manufacturing, and had been filled in (one on the horn, another seemed to be in the neck pocket on a corner). The filler in the neck poket seems to be a little overdone, so it isnt quite a perfect fit for the neck, but sandpaper can fix that.

and the neck polet filler leads onto....

3) one of the neckplate screws doesnt quite fit right. shouldnt be too hard to fix, also one of the truss rod covers plate screws is a wee bit off.

so, all in all im quite pleased with the purchase, it cost the same as my squier bullet strat did (Damn New Zealand prices !! ), and seems to be a bit better quality.

I plan on puttin up some pics of the finishing process (which will be bloodburst, using black paint, and a tinted laquer over the top. iIll probly combine a review

with that so there will be another review to throw on the pile B)

Thanks again to Brian, and to everyone else on the forums for no particular reason :D

THE END

Brian sold me a Leo Quan bridge a couple of months ago and I was very well pleased with the service I received. I got it fast, at a good price, so what else could you want. Ahhh.. I know... ummm to actually have time to finish that guitar it's going on.. lol Too much stuff going on right now, but in time I'll get it finished.

leoquan01.jpg

the neck poket problem is sorted now :D, unfortunately, there is another problem ive discoverd. the pickups selector is about 1/2 an inch too short for its hole. oh well, its still functional atleast. how do saga manage these things?

o yea, if anyone knows how the saga decals work, could the PM or sumthing? casue i cant figure it out, and it apears a monkey wrote sagas instruction manual :D

Edited by JoJo T. Magnifficent