Suggestion - Newbie Links?

I also hang on the Talkbass forums, and have noticed they have very helpful pinned threads entitled 'Newbie Links' in some of the main forums. What if we did something like this, that listed threads relating to certain 'recurring' topics? Here are examples of the Newbie Links:

Upright basses

Upright Basses Setup

Electric Basses

Electric Bass Pickups

Just a suggestion,

Thanks. :D

not to mention the main page, projectguitar.com

this isn't a bash Matt, and i know you want to better the forum, but i agree here with LGM. If anything, we should make the search function bar big like a search engines bar, that way people will see it.

-jamie

Matt, the execution would lead to more clutter than it's worth--as has already been noted-- but the idea behind it is sound.

Here's another idea for the implementation of this concept: Unless you have the forum itself bookmarked, you have to go through the main page and a rule page to get to the forum. What if it said at the top of the rule page:

DO NOT START A THREAD BEFORE FIRST USING THE SEARCH FEATURE AND REVIEWING THE MAIN PAGE TUTORIALS

in a font and color not unlike that? Less clutter on the main page, and it's impossible to miss when accessing the forums for the first time.

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhere in the electronics tutorial/reference area I thought I had put in a link to DIYaudio. When you get to their site, you are REQUIRED to do a search before you can post. Kinda cool for newbies or folk with a quick question.