Will The Tillman Preamp Work

unclej

wold the tillman preamp work between a turntable and a computer? i've got dozens of old albums i want to convert to cd and need to boost the line level. the tillman would be easier than lugging a stereo receiver to the shop every time i want to record.

http://www.till.com/articles/GuitarPreamp/

I think there's probably a bit more suitable...I'll leave that to others...but...off the top of my head you'd need two for stereo. A simple dual op-amp circuit might be the go...in fact you'd probably find a stereo preamp kit somewhere for about $10 bucks with parts and circuit board complete...just add a box and cables...probably record your guitar through it tooo....

psw

John Simonton and the crew over at PAIA have a simple RIAA preamp on their site that uses a pair of opamp stages for stereo - riaa Equalized Stereo Phono Preamp.

The kit's cheap, or roll your own from the schematic - it's designed to work on a dual (+/-) 15 volt power supply, but it'll run off a pair of 9 volt batteries if you like simplicity. Use a good opamp (like a NE5532 or a OPA2604), and it's gonna be hard to beat for the price! :D

thanks all..i had thought about making two to get stereo but the riaa seems to be the ticket. i've got wave corrector installed and it's supposed to eliminate pops and clicks as you record and i've got a couple of customers willing to pay to have their conversions done so i'm pretty stoked ..do people say stoked any more? there's a slight chance that i'm gettin' old :D

i just checked out the site and this definitely looks like the way to go..thanks again.

John Simonton and the crew over at PAIA have a simple RIAA preamp on their site that uses a pair of opamp stages for stereo - riaa Equalized Stereo Phono Preamp.

The kit's cheap, or roll your own from the schematic - it's designed to work on a dual (+/-) 15 volt power supply, but it'll run off a pair of 9 volt batteries if you like simplicity. Use a good opamp (like a NE5532 or a OPA2604), and it's gonna be hard to beat for the price!  :D

I'd completely forgotten about PAIA. They're just a couple miles away from me. :D