4x12 Guitar Cab Wiring Question

rookierob

Hey guys, this forum is great! I just have a few question for anyone that has built a speaker cab. First, I have four 12 inch drivers that are 50 watts and 16ohms a piece. I have built a 30x30x11 cab for them to go in and plan on making it fully closed. I am connecting the cabinet to an 80 Watt M-80 Chorus Head by Fender. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to wire the speakers inside the cab? I have built several, but never did the wiring. Also, what do I use as an output jack on the back of the cabinet? Can I just use a regular 1/4 inch guitar jack. Any help, especially with pictures or diagrams would be appreciated. I will post pics when I finish. Thanks

With a quad of 16 ohm speakers, you have the option of wiring them to 4, 16 or 64 ohms. All four speakers in series will yield 64 ohms, two series pairs wired in parallel (or two parallel pairs wired in series) will give you 16 ohms, and all four in parallel will result in a 4 ohm load ( see the figure below).

speakers_16ohm.png

HTH :D