I Need Some Opinions On Pickups

Antihero

Ok, so i just put together a maple bodied bolt on neck Flying v. I had not planned on doing it but i was looking around on ebay and i stumbled across a v body that i ended up winning for 28 bucks. Anyway i put it together with parts that i had around here and the pickups that i had were humbuckers from a Saga LP kit. They sound bad, the neck is extremley muddy and the neck is shrill but very powerful. What i am looking for is:

1. A vintage type sound that is perhaps a little hotter.

2. Preferably an Alnico 5 magnet

3. It must have a nickle plated cover(the guitar has a mirrored pickguard and looks quite good with nicle covered pickups)

Please tell me what pickup would do this for me. I dont care what brand either.Also i should mention that the guitar is wired with 250k pots, so please keep that in mind.

What i am thinking of right now is using a SD Seth Lover in the neck and a Golden Age overwound from StewMac in the bridge,what do you guys think?

Thanks!

:D Hi,

I would forget the Golden Age and go with either a Seymour Duncan JB ot a bridge SH-1. If you REALLY want to do it right, go to ron@stars.pickups.com and order a ZBS75 for the neck and a ZBS80 for the bridge.

Peace,

Dave

Ok, so i just put together a maple bodied bolt on neck Flying v. I had not planned on doing it but i was looking around on ebay and i stumbled across a v body that i ended up winning for 28 bucks. Anyway i put it together with parts that i had around here and the pickups that i had were humbuckers from a Saga LP kit. They sound bad, the neck is extremley muddy and the neck is shrill but very powerful. What i am looking for is:

3. It must have a nickle plated cover(the guitar has a mirrored pickguard and looks quite good with nicle covered pickups)

Please tell me what pickup would do this for me. I dont care what brand either.Also i should mention that the guitar is wired with 250k pots, so please keep that in mind.

What i am thinking of right now is using a SD Seth Lover in the neck and a Golden Age overwound from StewMac in the bridge,what do you guys think?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Seymour Duncan 59.