Hipshot Trems: Any Feedback Or Advice?

Hipshot 6 string US contoured trem:

I've never played one of these but it looks nice and seems well built. I'm thinking about using one in my project. Does anyone know much about them compared to the quality and stability of other trems on the market?

Also, I tend to palm mute a lot and I rest my palm on the bridge most of the time. Will the hipshot design facilitate my playing style?

Edited by Scrappy_Squirrel

No experience with that particular piece of equipment, but the hipshot gear I have used before (bass bridges and the that drop-d tuning peg gizmo for guitar) has all been really nice gear worth the money.

No experience with that particular piece of equipment, but the hipshot gear I have used before (bass bridges and the that drop-d tuning peg gizmo for guitar) has all been really nice gear worth the money.

I was interested in that tremolo for another project guitar I'm working on. I'd be interested in hearing people's experience with this product.

I used a Hipshot bridge on my fixed-bridge 7-string project and couldn't be happier with it. I used a Tremsetter on another guitar trying to stablize a floating tremolo problem and couldn't have hated it more! So my experience with their products is 50/50 right now. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate a chime-in too. Thanks. :D

Great Trems!!!! I have the Flat plate version on a strat and couldn't be happier with it. I also have a Hardtail 7 bridge. Very high quality. As far as palm muting goes the coutoured trem is very similar in feel to a PRS Trem except for the 6 screw design of the PRS

Edited by Scott Rosenberger

Great Trems!!!! I have the Flat plate version on a strat and couldn't be happier with it. I also have a Hardtail 7 bridge. Very high quality. As far as palm muting goes the coutoured trem is very similar in feel to a PRS Trem except for the 6 screw design of the PRS

Good to hear it!

I'm not fond of the chunkiness of Floyds and there's too much stickin' up to comfortably rest the palm onto. Besides, I don't use the trem enough to justify the expense or complication of a floyd anyway.

Nobody else uses the hipshot trems?!

I don't have one ON a guitar yet, but I have one sitting on the table in front of me here, waiting to go on one of my builds (a six string). It is very well built, low-profile, smooth cast body-- should be very good for palm-muting and resting your hand on the bridge. Should be rock-solid in place. Finish is nice. The saddles are cast, and have some rough edges. I wouldn't be suprised if a little filing was necessary around the string grooves. I think it is a much nicer piece than the standard Strat-style bracket bridge.