Aluminum top guitar!

Hey guys!

I'm preparing to do the finish on my guitar i'm building... you know, the pine one :D . Cut the body out today, and i'll probably be doing the finishing touches on the sanding and contuoring tonight. Anyway, i have an idea for a pretty nifty way to top this beast off. While i was at Lowe's the other day, i saw that they sell sheets of aluminum, about 1/16 or 2/16 of an inch thick. They're only about $15. What i want to do is cut a piece to match the top of the guitar, and adhere it to the body using a combination of some kind of strong epoxy and rivets. Whatever epxoy i use will have to be really tough if i want the aluminum to fit to the forearm cut. Any suggestions? My other question was if the metal top would mess with the electronics or anything like that. Like if i cover the top with the aluminum, mount my bridge on top of that, then run my ground wire from the electronics to the underside of the bridge, that wouldn't mess anything up, would it? I'm really excited about this idea. It would be kinda like a { really } poor man's chromeboy. Oh, and i think to keep with the industrial theme of the guitar, i'll probably paint the back, sides, and headstock of the guitar flat black.

Let me know if there would be any problems with this idea soon, please!

Ben

as far as hum and electronics, im not sure? you could put a thin piece of some material that is not conductive between the bridge and body, but make sur that its a solid and not soft.

are you gonna use the diamond plated aluminum? that would look really cooool!

Yo!

Yeah, Lowe's had the diamond plated chrome aluminum, too... it cost more than twice as much, and was probably 4/16 thick, which would be { with my limited tools and such } unworkable. Oh well. On the body style of this guitar, it would look killer, though. It's kinda... well, i described it in another thread, but it's kinda like a cross between some wierd custom bass design, some BC Rich's, and i don't know what else. It looks mean, wierd and elegant all at the same time :D ! I wish that they would make plain aluminum with the chrome finish that diamond plate has on it. Like diamond plate without the treads, i suppose. Then i'd be a very happy person!

If anybody has answers to any of my questions, please respond!

Ben

PS. Yay! 100th post B):D:D