One Piece Guitar

I was searching around the web and I saved a 1 piece superstrat / PRS type of guitar carved out of 1 solid piece of cuban mahoghany and my computer drive crashed and I can't find it again. It was really somthing to look at and I thought someone here might have a link to the same one I saw, or any other 1 pieces. ~~~~ :D Thanks

There's a friend of mine, he's in the ProgettoChitarra staff too. Me too :D .

He made a strato from 1 piece of paduca with a maple fingerboard but if you are looking for pictures there's only one.

BTW the link is this. It's just the first guitar.

If you click on his name you can mail him. Try to ask for more pictures. Tell him a friend from Progetto gave you the link to his guitar.

:D

http://www.angelfire.com/la3/powerguitar/Glassman.html

This is a one piece mahogany.

http://www.angelfire.com/la3/powerguitar/index.html

Its the most difficult way to build I have found, but with a few quick and simple jigs you can make it easier. Several parts of the process had to be done a little different. Overall the sound is killer though.

Thanks everyone for the help in finding these 1 pieces. Ragas that is some fine wood working. I have a lot of large pieces of wood and I was thinking ~~~~~~. Also have a piece of 20/4 honduras 60 x 30. How large of a piece did you start with and do you think an angled neck is possible what with the grain run out , then you get even more runout if you go with an angled headstock on top of that .

I built that one piece with no neck angle. If you ask me. neck angle is only to compensate for the thickness of the bridge, most standard bridges require a neck angle, but if you recess the bridge you shouldn't have to worry about neck angle. a piece that is 20/4 would be enough to do two guitars if you could get it cut in half. For the headstock angle, use as much angle for the length of the headstock you want to use, you can always add string retainers if its not enough to work with the tuners you get, and if you get the wood down to 2.5" thick you should have enough to get a good angle on the headstock. I used an 8/4 piece.

Thanks for the info, Ii was thinking that neck angle would be complicating things a bit. So recessed bridge makes sense here.