Problems Wiring My New Pickups Help!

bzdup

First problem - OUTPUT. There is very weak sound when I plug in to my amp. BUUTTT there is full sound when I pull the guitar plug slightly out of the output jack. I move it back and forth and there seems to be a spot that is good.

****highly doubt I need a new output jack because it does this on two different output jacks. I'm guessing it's a wiring prob.****

I have a 5 way switch, and it only works on the 1st and 5th position. I'm guessing I spliced the middle pickup wrong.

Any knowledge out there?

What kind of pickups did you install? Are you using the stock Ibanez deep panel jack and that Otax/VLX91 5-way switch? Give us something to work with here, please.  :D

Yeah, Okay, so here's the deal, I wired it using the OTAX/VLX(! 5 way switch. I wired a Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell in teh neck , an Ibanez S1 in the middle single coil, and a Dimarzio Evolution in the bridge.

The output is all fixed now. But I could never get the S1 to work at all. Got any ideas why that is?

You've got everything you need to wire it like a JEM - here's the diagram (courtesy of Ibanez):

http://www.ibanez.com/wiring/wire.asp?y=2001&w=JEM7

As for why your single coil didn't work, I can only assume you didn't have it hooked up correctly (that particular switch gives lots of people fits). It should work fine wired as in the above linked diagram, provided the pickup itself isn't defective. HTH