Value Of Jointer/planer And Thicknesser

ByronBlack

What would i do to the infeed and outfeed rollers?

chris

What exactly do you have? I thought you meant you have the Performax Bench top 10" thickness sander. I think I'm wrong.

Do you have this?

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=32570&recno=1

You may be able to adjust the infeed/outfeed rollers, but this is a different tool than I thought, so I may not know what I'm talking about, sorry.

Edited by M_A_T_T

I'm always amazed every time anyone in the UK starts talking tools. Taiwan, where the bulk of this stuff is made is no further from Liverpool than it is from Seattle. Why the heck doesn't someone over there start bringing in the equipment

The we are drowning in over here? You all have access to the really high end stuff like Startrite and Wadkins but no mid range and smaller except for stuff that looks like homeowner grade. Are the import duties really that high? A Grizzly 14" bandsaw, which I'd rate as decent for the bucks, with a riser block is less tahn $500 US. I think that's about 250-260 in pounds.

I would think that someone with a decent head for business could get a good market relatively quickly? What gives?

I'm always amazed every time anyone in the UK starts talking tools. Taiwan, where the bulk of this stuff is made is no further from Liverpool than it is from Seattle. Why the heck doesn't someone over there start bringing in the equipment

The we are drowning in over here? You all have access to the really high end stuff like Startrite and Wadkins but no mid range and smaller except for stuff that looks like homeowner grade. Are the import duties really that high? A Grizzly 14" bandsaw, which I'd rate as decent for the bucks, with a riser block is less tahn $500 US. I think that's about 250-260 in pounds.

I would think that someone with a decent head for business could get a good market relatively quickly? What gives?

Doc it is quite annoying, eveyone i've spoken to about powertools have recommended Delta, Grizzly and Jet, yet we only got a tiny number of tools that are available, certainly no grizzly bandsaws!!

$500 works out to be about £279 to ship someting that heavy would be about £70 then import duty of approx 17% is roughly another £50 or so, for that money I could get a used Startrite or Scheppach.

It does seem strange though that there aren't more US imported tools, must some of kind of tax issue.