Fs 1970 Gibson Les Paul Pro

LGM Guitars

Item for sale: 1978 Gibson Les Paul Pro

Description & Condition: Good Player condition, belt buckle rash and a small burn on the body, see pictures.

Asking Price: $1200USD

My Location: Canada, will ship anywhere at buyers expense

Terms of Sale/Purchase: Paypal or certified money order in US funds. Buyer to pay shipping

Other Information: This was a guitar a customer of mine won on ebay and had shipped to me, it was destined to be a custom job but he has since dissappeared without a trace, no contact, and an unpaid bill to LGM Guitars. This guitar is now being offered for sale to recover lost costs. The frets look like they've been levelled once but are still in very good condition. As seen in pictures there is a small burn in the body by the toggle switch. There is some belt buckle rash on the back as seen in pictures also. Everything is original as far as I can tell and it also includes the original case. All latches on the case work including the lock latch but there is no key. All hardware is in Very good condition with little to no pitting anywhere. Sadly the guitar is stamped "Second" under the serial number, not sure why really as it is a beautiful example of a Les Paul, my guess is that the mahogany used in the body is not as perfect as some I've seen. But then, comparing a 1978 second to what gibson is putting out today isn't fair, this factory second is far better than the highest end gibsons we see come into the stores here.

The guitar is clean, plays great, and has a beautiful tone, I'd keep it except I do not like Les Pauls.

For any other questions please email me, post here, send a PM, whatever, you know the drill. PM will likely get the fastest response.

Pictures can be seen here http://pics.lgmguitars.com/pics/Les%20Paul/

Thanks for looking

Jeremy

Ok, a couple of things from PM's I've received, first, some more info on the guitar as was received in PM

A number of late 70's Norlin Gibsons were marked "SECOND" so they could sell cheaply. There's a very good chance the "Second" on this is meaningless in regards to build quality or materials.

Secondly, I know nothing about these guitars, I know what was paid for this one, and what the bill owed to me is. I'm open to offers as well, I hate to take a loss on the bill owed, but anything is better than nothing. If you are interested, email me with your honest offer, don't send me PM's that insinuate I'm an idiot or trying to rip anyone off. I'm not a gibson person and don't know anything about these guitars. If you're interested, I've been straight up in my description and such, do your homework, and come back to me with a realistic offer.

Thanks

Jeremy

Good catch Erik....I missed the mini's :D

The guitar is actually a Les Paul Deluxe. The Pro Deluxe has crown inlays on an ebony board and P-90's. The Deluxe had the mini's and the trapezoid inlays. I caught the inlays when I looked at it but missed the pickups. It has the wrong truss rod cover too but that is not too traumatic and with Gibson it may have just been the reason it was a second. I have seen them mark seconds for stranger reasons!

The mini's actually make it worth quite a bit more than the P-90's so I'd say Jeremy's price is more than fair. My 2 cents........

Edited by bluespresence

Congratulations BP, you're the high bidder! (reserve not met...)

:D I'd make Jeremy an offer on it but I have been going crazy buying stuff lately....2 oboes, 2 cellos, a set of 12 blues harps, a bagpipe chanter, a clarinet, a flute, 10 spruce tops, etc, etc....plus my normal 150 or so guitars and basses for resale every month. Yikes!

• 4 weeks later...