Zeppelin Live Album

otgordin

so... two of my favorite albums cover pretty much the same ground, and my friends and I can't decide which we like more  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i'm assuming a few "purists" are gonna get pissy that I would ask this question, but the fact remains that they are both amazing live albums of Led Zeppelin material. FWIW, the first time I heard Celebration Day off of Live at the Greek, I got chills. Just wanted to see what you guys thought.

-Vadim

Edited by bluespresence

null vote for me, i think the best live zep albumn is the song remains the same, but that's just me

How The West Was Won...HANDS DOWN. I got the DVD concert footage and its Led Zep in their prime (1972). Plant's voice, Page's tight, precise playing, and Bonzo's thundering drums are all there. The highlight for me is Page playing White Summer / Black Mountainside on the old Danelectro 3021 Standard "shorthorn". That was the appearance that sparked everyone to go out and buy those masonite covered guitars, :D .

Edited by Southpa

eric, while i do agree with you about the technical purity of studio vs. live albums... i think the fact that artists don't get a 5th try at that solo, intro, or chorus when they are on stage only adds to the energy.

musicians... even legendary ones like page, plant, and co... are still human and do make mistakes. aint nothin wrong with approaching perfection without actually attaining it.

maybe i'm wierd in this sense, but i prefer the rougher sound of live albums to studio albums 9 times out of ten.

southpa... amen. i've only seen pieces of the concert, but even at that it was incredible.

didn't robert plant tour with The Who a few years ago? wonder how that went :-/ probably amazing.

-Vadim