Wiring For A Tele

whoofnagle

shouldn't matter. 500K pots are used with humbuckers not because they're humbuckers, but becasue traditional LP-style guitars are wired with volume controls for each pickup, so the volumes are inhibit-style rather than bypass-style like a single master volume pot is wired. higher value pots give a slightly brighter sound, lower give a slightly darker sound.

I use 500K pots for everything, no problem, single or humbucker or P-90. If your pot does not have high enough resistance in my experience you may not have the master volume go all the way down to zero.

here's some schematics:

T-riffic tele mod for more sounds

Standard tele wiring

Edited by x189player

shouldn't matter. 500K pots are used with humbuckers not because they're humbuckers, but becasue traditional LP-style guitars are wired with volume controls for each pickup, so the volumes are inhibit-style rather than bypass-style like a single master volume pot is wired.

I use 500K pots for everything, no problem, single or humbucker or P-90. If your pot does not have high enough resistance in my experience you may not have the master volume go all the way down to zero.

Cool. I have a 300K and a 250 handy - I might try the 300K just for the hell of it!

Bill