Quickest Setting Clear

chunkielad

, but if you started with lacquer and don't want to sand it off, finish with lacquer.

I ended up sanding the guitar back as i wasn't happy withthe finishanyway - I got a wired bubbly issue when left in the sun (this was rattle can laquer onto of vinyl so maybe a wierd combo reaction).

I think I'll use poly then - OUTSIDE :D

I'm now looking to cover the front with a veneer so lets see what happens.

Sorry for what I said earlier, I was just a dick,

The nitro laquer will react with the vinyl, there is a page on frets.com dedicated to vinyl being your enemy.

Really? I've used Vinyl sealer under nitro lacquer with no problems :D ...

I looked back last night at exactly what I'd done and the bubbles weren't where the vinyl was! So it can't be that - I spray car laquer (out of a gun not rattlecan) over vinyl on bikes all the time so I know it isn't that either. Maybe I got something on the urface between coats? I dunno but it's stressed me out because I can't get my guitar done for a while now and it wasn't far off done!

Vinyl being the enemy has diddly to do with 'vinyl sealer', everything to do with odd plastic/vinyl/mystery material coatings on guitar stands, straps, etc, which CAN affect finishes.

OI just read it and it's about handbags etc not signmakers vinyl :D:D

Vinyl for signmakers is PVC but thee's monomeric calendered, Polymeric clendered and cast versions of it so a bit of a range!

I used 2 pack industrial poly without a respirator, I'm still good. I'm just having to take a week or so off while my throat recovers. :D

The problem is that alto your head and throat might feel good a week after, the cancer creating particles don't leave your body but just stay there accumulating with time.

Now, there are people that had smoked forever, (George Burns) to mention somebody atleast famous, and still lived a long life, but there again are the ones that might get exposed once and develope cancer.

Study a bit more and do some research, it's your life and you do as you please... So in the end is up to you.

And I think that a forced respirator is the way to go, but I still see a lot of professional painters, mainly on TV, that are spraying with a charcoal respirator... I don't know if they got a downdraft exhaust set up, and the fumes never get higer than the gun, so I think that it is better to use one of those than not use anything at all.