Eagle Guitar Parts

octafish

Eagle Les Paul Jr bridge

I've been looking for fully compensating LPJr bridges and I have found pretty much only this one and tonepros. The difference in price is staggering. I have used the eagle machines and found them on par with stock ibanez tuners.

Anyone have any experience with these parts? If I can get a fully intonable LPJr bridge I'd gladly got that route instead of a tailpiece or string through.

Ive had a bit of exp with cheaper parts and i had to replace them becuase they are just crap, but that wasnt a fully inotatable tailpiece it was just machine heads.....

I hav no doubt that the tailpiece will function properly but its a matter of; is it going to last, whereas if you buy a good one you will always know that your guitar has good parts on it and will function properlly non-stop.

A guitar i ordered (my first guitar, pos lol) epiphone les paul 100 had a bridge with to small of saddles and they rattled everytime i would play the string.

You dont want a tailpiece/bridge that ends up like that do you - cuz i had to replace it :D

id say just stick it out and go for the better part.

:D

I've read that a big part of the LP Jr sound is the non-adjustable compensated bridge/tailpiece. Which makes a lot of sense--there's going to be a big difference in sound between a single piece of metal and a bunch of little bits...

I just put one of these back onto my Melody Maker (which was fitted out with a Badass bridge--like this Eagle bridge). I haven't gotten around to plugging it in yet, so I can't say anything about a difference in sound. But the intonation seems okay. (I'm not a maniac about this kind of thing...let's just say that I'm a big fan of Johnny Thunders!)

If you've been following some of the recent threads (like the 'loose studs' thread), you'll discover that there are problems with a lot of name brand hardware too.

Still, with all of the little bits in the Badass style bridge, you're asking for a lot more trouble --for one thing, plan on replacing the saddles eventually.

Eagle Les Paul Jr bridge

I've been looking for fully compensating LPJr bridges and I have found pretty much only this one and tonepros. The difference in price is staggering. I have used the eagle machines and found them on par with stock ibanez tuners.

Anyone have any experience with these parts? If I can get a fully intonable LPJr bridge I'd gladly got that route instead of a tailpiece or string through.

Looks like the badass-style bridge lots of people, from GuitarFetish.com to customshopparts.com sell. Pigtailmusic.com has another. There's also the semi-intonatable Wilkinson option (jemsite.com has some good prices), which should do just fine, unless you use very strange string guages.

well my local music shop stocks alot of eagle guitar hardware, just small things like TOM's jack plates, basic stuff really. i cannot complain, this is good quality for what u pay for it, only thing is the plating on the gold items is a bit thin, but thats not really a big deal to me anyway