Truss Rod Length

sxb

• 2 months later...
Thanks.

Ok, so I am having a little trouble here .. I have been searching the forum but have not come up with any answers .. what determins the lengt of the truss rodd ... say I want to make a 34 inch scale lengt five strnig fretless bass (octave as if it would have had 24 frets) with a bolt on neck .. how do you determine the length of the truss rod?

The toipics i did find where screaming about using the search and saying how this isseu has been dealt with soo often that is became a bore .. but i am seriuously haviung trouble finding the right info .. also melvin his cock :D does not say anyuthing about it ..

Is there a rule or should you just be sure that is is at least two thirds of the lengt of the neck.. or what?

Thanks a bunch

Hendrikjan

Thanks.

Ok, so I am having a little trouble here .. I have been searching the forum but have not come up with any answers .. what determins the lengt of the truss rodd ... say I want to make a 34 inch scale lengt five strnig fretless bass (octave as if it would have had 24 frets) with a bolt on neck .. how do you determine the length of the truss rod?

The toipics i did find where screaming about using the search and saying how this isseu has been dealt with soo often that is became a bore .. but i am seriuously haviung trouble finding the right info .. also melvin his cock :D does not say anyuthing about it ..

Is there a rule or should you just be sure that is is at least two thirds of the lengt of the neck.. or what?

Thanks a bunch

Hendrikjan

Rule of thumb. don't make it longer than the fret board or nut to heal of the neck(if your fretboard overhangs the neck). Most manufactured TR's for electrics are made 17-18" most bass 23-24". As an example -34" scale bass with 24 frets. Nut to 24th fret will be 25.5" and the fretboard will be slightly longer than(a little room beyond 24th fret). Assuming you don't have the fretboard overlapping the neck you would have better than 1.5" of play. In most cases the common manufactured sizes will work just fine :D .

Peace,Rich

P.S. You should add the truss rod that you will be using to your drawings that you are working with. That way you can see just how it will fit in relation to your neck. If you don't have drawings made than you should make them.

Thanks.

The toipics i did find where screaming about using the search and saying how this isseu has been dealt with soo often that is became a bore .. but i am seriuously haviung trouble finding the right info .. also melvin his cock B) does not say anyuthing about it ..

Thanks a bunch

Hendrikjan

Rule of thumb. don't make it longer than the fret board or nut to heal of the neck(if your fretboard overhangs the neck). Most manufactured TR's for electrics are made 17-18" most bass 23-24". As an example -34" scale bass with 24 frets. Nut to 24th fret will be 25.5" and the fretboard will be slightly longer than(a little room beyond 24th fret). Assuming you don't have the fretboard overlapping the neck you would have better than 1.5" of play. In most cases the common manufactured sizes will work just fine :D .

Peace,Rich

P.S. You should add the truss rod that you will be using to your drawings that you are working with. That way you can see just how it will fit in relation to your neck. If you don't have drawings made than you should make them.

cool thanks Rich

:D