Mike Stern Model Pacifica

GregP

As far as I'm concerned, this is one beautiful tele-style guitar:

21574.jpg

Does anybody know of a source for Pacifica pickguards? In addition to one day wanting to build a Mike Stern-like Tele, I currently own a 301S (I think that's the model number) which has mother-of toilet-seat that I'd like to swap out.

Now, MY tele doesn't have the traditional "bar-o-metal" electronics panel, instead having a slot for a strat-style switch... so I guess it makes a bit of a difference for the swap-job, but I'd be happy enough just to find a source, PERIOD, to begin with.

Cheers,

Greg

I guess you're right. Since I already HAVE the mother of toilet-seat tPacifi-tele pickguard, I could easily fashion a template and then use a bevel cutter bit in a dremel, router, or whatnot. (whatever's more appropriate).

Anybody know a reliable and inexpensive source for 'blanks'?

Greg

I definitely prefer bevelled, especially with thick material. 'Sides, I would be likely to get 3-ply. :D Cheers for the link, Mark.

[after checking the site--> ]

Although, now that I'm looking at it... I'm reminded of tortoise-shell. I was thinking white, to replace the 'weird white' of the MOTS. But tortoise-shell would give the guitar that vintage vibe.

Greg

If you wanna spend some money... i THINK pickguard paradise do custom orders... give em a ring and see if you can sort something out... ?

They charge $75 starting and I know you could probably easily make one for much cheaper.. but might be worth looking at if you want something special :D

Pickguard Paradise Website

Good luck with the project Greg

~~ Slain Angel ~~

Edited by SlainAngel