About Glue...

I'm about to refret a 1992 Hamer USA Centaura. I got all the tools I need and I have read alot about the subject (event bought the Erlywine 3 DVD's !). I am CONFIDENT that it will go well.

I just in case that I need to glue a fret to old it in place, what kind of glue I CAN buy in Canada in local stores (Canadian tires, Reno depot, etc...). I couldn't buy the glue kit from stew mac because they can not ship it in planes.

I would like to buy water liquid and medium viscosity ones.

Do you have suggestions ?

Oups another questions.

If I don't need glue to old the frets, do I need to make some glue slip under the frets. Because I have notice that the center portion the the fret slot is deeper than the height of the tang (I have only taken out the 24th fret on the guitar to know witch fret wire to buy). Causing a cavity under the fret.

Thanks to all.

Dominic

You don't need a plane to get to Canada. They can't do ground shipping to Canada?

You are talking about CA glues, aka superglue. You should be able to get that at any hardware or similar store.

You could also use titebond, hide glue, etc ... any of which should be readily available locally.

Of course, you should be able to do the job with no glue at all too ...

You don't need a plane to get to Canada.  They can't do ground shipping to Canada?

You are talking about CA glues, aka superglue.  You should be able to get that at any hardware or similar store.

You could also use titebond, hide glue, etc ... any of which should be readily available locally.

Of course, you should be able to do the job with no glue at all too ...

They ship within the US as well.....for those who may not have bothered to click the link.

Furthermore they have various viscosities. From water to thick gel. They also have a remover....for those (like me) who have glued body parts by accident. And also, they have an accelerator which instantly cures it. This has a down side of making the bond brittle and leaving a white residue that needs to be cleaned off.

Most hardware stores dont carry that selection