Lil Help With My Neck?

Hey folks, was just playing my old BC Rich Warlock when I noticed this:

warneck.jpg

The yellow line shows the angle of the guitar itself when the pic was taken, mainly cos i was holding the guitar up and the camera in the same hand, correct if I'm wrong but my actual neck isnt spose to be at that much of an angle? I check all the bolts etc on the plate at the back, their all tight as they can be without doin permanent damage.. Any ideas? Of whats happening and How I can fix it?

Did you get this guitar used? If you did looks like some one has put a shim in there, but that is WAY too drastic though. What kind of bridge is on this guitar? Is it set up correctly? How is the action & how does it play?

Take another pic and include the bridge...lets see it all.

Did you get this guitar used? If you did looks like some one has put a shim in there, but that is WAY too drastic though. What kind of bridge is on this guitar? Is it set up correctly? How is the action & how does it play?

I got it brand new around 3/4 years ago, its been lying in a closet for about a year, the bridge I'm not sure of although I have heard it called a "badass" bridge:

bridge.jpg

i believe its the bridge BC Rich put on all their bronze series warlocks at that time, the setup I'm not sure of since, as I said its been in a closet for about a year, so i'll probably need to get it re-done. At the moment I'm just testing the electronics out before I actually do that, because I couldnt even find it until 6 months ago, and it plays pretty well apart from the bottom three strings goin' out of tune if I play too hard.

Edited by Vaiper

I think that's fairly normal for the warlock, when I bought one for my brother the first thing I noticed was the massive neck angle and the height of the bridge was like 3/4". Guess that's how BC Rich do them but I'm guessing they don't on the platinum models.

I've been considering sanding down the back of the neck joint on my brother's though to give it less of an angle and hence lower the bridge and pickups. I just don't think it looks right set so high.

The bridge is basically a wraparound TOM style, so it would sit high compared to a regular hardtail.....like a LP. The neck would need an angle (probably around 3 degrees) to get a low action. The angle may be built in to the neck pocket, or the neck, or the neck may be shimmed. I know at Warmoth they have the pocket route angeld for bolt-on necks with TOM bridges.

Bottom line...if the guitar can be set up with a comfortable action, then the angle is correct for that bridge.

Regards,

Brian.

The bridge is basically a wraparound TOM style, so it would sit high compared to a regular hardtail.....like a LP.  The neck would need an angle (probably around 3 degrees) to get a low action.  The angle may be built in to the neck pocket, or the neck, or the neck may be shimmed.  I know at Warmoth they have the pocket route angeld for bolt-on necks with TOM bridges.

Bottom line...if the guitar can be set up with a comfortable action, then the angle is correct for that bridge.

Regards,

Brian.

Thanks Brian. Thought I went wrong somewhere when I was painting it.