Harmonic Design Color Code?

:D Hi,

I have a set of Harmonic Design Vintage Plus humbuckers. I've searched everywhere, and the company is not very responsive. Can anyone give me the color code for their wires in these babies? I'm wiring to a three-way switch with no splitting or anything. My electronics guy is gone for 2 weeks. I would greatly appreciate any help, and thanks in advance.

Peace,

Dave :D

If those are the 3-wire Vintage style and you've got a multimeter handy, you can easily figure it out for yourself - the ground lead should show continuity (low or even 0 ohms) to the shielding, and of the 3 possible lead combinations, hot to ground should show about double the resistance of the other two - use the lowest resistance setting (continuity) setting to find the ground lead and the 20K setting to sort out the hot lead. I hope that's clear enough, sometimes I tend to muddle the obvious.

:D Hi,

Sorry, I'm a little dense on this. My deal is working wood and finishes. The pups have 4 wires of different colors and a stranded ground. I don't know how to do continuity, but I DO have a multimeter. Please have patience with a guy who is trying. Thanks.

Peace,

Dave

If those are the 3-wire Vintage style and you've got a multimeter handy, you can easily figure it out for yourself - the ground lead should show continuity (low or even 0 ohms) to the shielding, and of the 3 possible lead combinations, hot to ground should show about double the resistance of the other two - use the lowest resistance setting (continuity) setting to find the ground lead and the 20K setting to sort out the hot lead. I hope that's clear enough, sometimes I tend to muddle the obvious.

:D Oops! Sorry, Dave, I was under the misapprehension that the Classics only had three wires, total - sorting out a 4-conducter with a DMM and getting the phase right can be a nightmare, and I'm afraid you'd only get more frustrated if you tried it. Have you tried emailing HD? You're right, their website is pretty much useless so far as wiring info goes! Sorry, guess I'm not much help after all! let me see if I can find any more info - BRB

B) Hi Lovecraft,

Thanks for all your effort and help. After a little patient (??!!??!) trail-and-error, I've settled on the green as hot, red+white soldered together, and black+bare to ground. At least that's what gives me the best reading on my multimeter. You can bet I'll keep notes on this one! Once again, thanks for taking the time to help me with my problem.

Peace,

Dave :D

Sorry, Dave - I couldn't find anybody who could tell me which is which. Hope you've had better luck! It's apparently the best-kept secret in pickups - nobody would even hazard a guess!  :D