Newb Preamp Question

SamIAmUBUF

Which active bass pickups and which active EQ? There's no inudstry standard, like shoe sizes or spark plugs or something like that, so you'll have to check out the specs on what you want to use, case by case. More than likely, it would be no problem, although there are some active pickups that could easily drive a 9 volt EQ circuit into nasty clipping if both were anywhere near maxed.

Which active bass pickups and which active EQ? There's no inudstry standard, like shoe sizes or spark plugs or something like that, so you'll have to check out the specs on what you want to use, case by case. More than likely, it would be no problem, although there are some active pickups that could easily drive a 9 volt EQ circuit into nasty clipping if both were anywhere near maxed.

This EQ and mighty mite active soapbars

I don't have any idea how hot those Mighty Mite pickups are, and of course they don't have any info on them at their site, either - you might have to put a trimmer between them and the Artec, but more than likely it'll be fine.

You do realize that in this case, you're getting no benefit from the active pickups, right? Since the Artec buffers both the tone circuits and the output, using active pickups is pretty much redundant. :D

I don't have any idea how hot those Mighty Mite pickups are, and of course they don't have any info on them at their site, either - you might have to put a trimmer between them and the Artec, but more than likely it'll be fine.

You do realize that in this case, you're getting no benefit from the active pickups, right? Since the Artec buffers both the tone circuits and the output, using active pickups is pretty much redundant.  :D

No, I didn't realize that. As I said before, I've never dealt with active electronics. That's why I asked.