Tunerless...

I'm working on a Kleain-esque body shape and I've found why they're headstockless. :D No way it would balance with a plank full of tuners up there.

So I'm going to be building a headstockless guitar. Woohoo. The problem is I can't use a tremolo. The body shape precludes it so I need another solution but I have no idea where to look for this sort of thing.

Little help here?

I'm working on a Kleain-esque body shape and I've found why they're headstockless. :D No way it would balance with a plank full of tuners up there.

So I'm going to be building a headstockless guitar. Woohoo. The problem is I can't use a tremolo. The body shape precludes it so I need another solution but I have no idea where to look for this sort of thing.

Little help here?

the only thing i can think of is a steinberger trem or a flloyd rose speed loader, but you dont want a trem. hmm. how about a t.o.m with tuners behind it?

Nevermind. I'm dumb. Floyd Rose makes a non-trem Speed Loader now. I didn't know that. Problem solved. Nothing to see here except my dumb ass. :D

*EDIT*

Even better is ABM's headless system. It's what's used on Teuffel guitars. Kinda steep price... $250 through Allparts. :D Hrm... I need money.

Edited by Black Mariah

It's not strictly a Klein body. It's closer to the Teuffel, actually. With the headstock it would be WAY neck heavy.

I've played Steinbergers before and I really dislike the trem hanging off the ass end of the guitar. I sit with the guitar on my left leg, classical style, so that puts the trem on my right leg where it's held permanently out of tune. So it's a matter of necessity and not me just being a bitch about trems.

That's weird that chrome is more expensive than black. Good thing I want black. Here's a model of what I'm building.

heurh.jpg

Like I mentioned earlier, I always sit with the guitar on my left leg since it's far more comfortable (my arms don't twist right). The smaller cutout goes over the left leg, the larger on the right. It's an oddly attractive shape, at least to me.

I might post a thread over in the In Progess forum, but I don't know if this really counts as progress. :D