Drop Fill

Stiffy

My first drop fill with small paint brush worked. My second drop fill in a different area on headstock flopped. I treid filling in a couple of shallow dips in the headstock finish probably a inch long each. The result was horrendous puffy cracky. I wet sand with block. Resprayed but the fills didn't melt in finish. I wetsanded and resprayed again and it looks worse then before drop filling. What's the best way to resolve this delemma?

I am a little confused because you said you resprayed. Do you mean you sprayed over your drop fill and the bubbles showed up? I tried to fill a very small glue line on a body wing that would just keep taking laquer like a sponge and bubbling like air was coming up through the seam. I got tired of it and left it for a month and tried it again. Worked like a charm. Just like the tuts said it would. Are you waiting long enough before respraying and is your spray compatable with your drop-fill material? It's probably the same stuff, isn't it? Boog your brains out! :D

I am a little confused because you said you resprayed. Do you mean you sprayed over your drop fill and the bubbles showed up? I tried to fill a very small glue line on a body wing that would just keep taking laquer like a sponge and bubbling like air was coming up through the seam. I got tired of it and left it for a month and tried it again. Worked like a charm. Just like the tuts said it would. Are you waiting long enough before respraying and is your spray compatable with your drop-fill material? It's probably the same stuff, isn't it? Boog your brains out! :D

Well I got pretty impatient and and did some wet sanding hardcore Saturday night. The only problem was I had drank 12 ales and got over zealous clear coating. The headstock caught a bad case of runs, so more sanding Sunday. Resprayed it's much smoother now. The only problem now is a 2 or 3 hairline cracks or scratches. How do I get rid of them?

The drop fill is the same as the spray.