New Stuff

I havent posted in several months so here ya go. Sorry if this is a little OT.

I don't live anywhere where I can finish my project right now. I did however finish the scallop job and it's perfect, looks great (glad I practiced on an old bass neck first.) Thanks for the tutorial for that whoever wrote it.

Anyway, non content to play with idea's in kisikae (the paper doll guitar thingy) I've decided to build my ideas in 3d. My skills have improved a lot since I posted the Leviathan renders a long time ago (maybe some of you remember?).

I became inspired during a vist to jemsite (where I saw the Virtual Jems) and decided to make my own photorealistic guitar that I want to build in real life someday.

I started with the hardest part, the Floyd Rose vibrato.

Here a couple of renders. They look pretty neat if you stand back a few feet.

http://img494.imageshack.us/img494/2694/floydgold6or.jpg

http://img498.imageshack.us/img498/2981/trifloyd2gs.jpg

Yes, that is what you think it is. A PINK FLOYD!!! Sorry couldn't resist terrible joke. I like the idea of a colored Floyd though.

I changed the tighten thingy on the trem bar a little. Part of an idea I had that locks the bar in place so it doesn't turn at all. I like my trem bar to stay rigid and not shift an inch.

Let me know what you think of the renders.

Also, to LGM:

I did those crappy Leviathan renders a while back. I thought you might like this idea.

It's really not a very good idea, more or less just for sh*ts and giggles, but it only took 30 minutes to mock up so I thought, eh, what the hell

http://img494.imageshack.us/img494/2074/levicoust6se.jpg

No, you're not hallucinating, that IS an LGM Levicoust. I think it would be impossible (or very difficult) to make it. The bending of the wood would be pretty hard but whateva'. This one isn't intended to look real, so it's rough and not well lit.

Once again, don't worry, I wont make it or give out the dimensions.

Edited by Steve-0

I've read that.

I'm really sorry. At first I wasn't sure why it was showing the pics instead of links, because I was using the url tag, but I went back and retyped the url in by hand and fixed it.

I had just copied the "FORUM URL" line from photobucket and pasted that, which was the problem. The way they had it just viewed the picture instead of giving a link.:D

Anyway it's just the links now and I hope it's okay that they're bigger than 640 x 480.

Sorry for double post and big pics.

It won't happen again.

Anyway if anyone has any comments I'd like to hear them.

Edited by Steve-0