Acoustic Guitar Drawings

:D

Hell All

Can anyone tell me where i can get FREE drawings of acoustic guitars.

I don't want to pay as I will probably make some changes to the drawing as i wan't to make something slightly different to the normal guitar. So why pay for something that I am only going t use 60-70% of.

CAD drawings would be best

Thanks

Garry

Hell All

Can anyone tell me where i can get FREE drawings of acoustic guitars.

I don't want to pay as I will probably make some changes to the drawing as i wan't to make something slightly different to the normal guitar. So why pay for something that I am only going t use 60-70% of.

CAD drawings would be best

Thanks

Garry

B)

If you've got an acoustic lying around which is roughly the shape of what you need you can trace around it and take the measurements off that.

In cumpianos "guitarmaking, tradition and technology" they outline how to make up your own plans and templates, its pretty good. :D

I combined these methods to make my first guitar, it worked really well.

Basic dimensions (width, length, etc.) are available from various manufacturer websites, and googling will show up a few more. A book like Cumpiano's 'Guitarmaking: Tradition and Technology' will give you some basic measurements/bracing schemes, and I heartily reccomend registering at mimf.com and perusing the library there; they've got a couple of templates, and several photographs/interior shots of guitars which should help.