Advice On Strat Woods

Jivin

Well Perry is usually my go-to man for anything guitars, so I would have gone to him anyway, but I really didn't think it would be so painful trying to get some further insight. I stuffed up, I wasnt clear about what I was asking and subsequently made posting here a lot more annoying than it should have been. Don't worry, I won't be making the same mistake twice.

I think we should just close this topic please mods - thanks

This thread is another example of the range of very subjective opinions one gets when you ask a question along the lines of "what tone will this wood give me?". One man's midrange is another man's mud....to one person, it's "bright" and to another its "harsh".

What's really needed is a set of graphs that show the average frequency response of different woods of a given size (like body blank size). There are ways to do this, not so different from the way engineers test speakers and cabinets for frequency response. In fact, my son almost started doing this as a science project a year ago...and then he signed up for a biology class (go figure).

We may do it once he gets around to taking physics.

but I have already had a chat to Perry about it since starting the thread, and since in conversation it was easier to convey what it was I wanted to know, he helped me make a decision, which turned out to be what I had hoped from the beginning.

If it were me, and it wasn't, I would have just discussed it with Perry first. :D

Perry was enjoying a well earnt rest after Dan recieved CAMO, and was looking forward to at least TWO days of no guitar talk with his perpetually incesant guitar talker client, Dan. Unfortunately, within 48 hours of CAMO arriving, he starts chatting about getting another guitar made AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I need an emoticon where im pulling my hair out.