Epiphone Comet?

What is that guitar that Epiphone used to make it looked like a bunched up strat..... Ican't find any pictures because I don't know what its called... I know its not comet but it its name sounds like comet.... :D

thanks alot idch..... this was one of those things I couldn't figure out for and caused me many sleepless nights and whatnot... actually I spent like 2 hours trying to figure that out meh....

Epiphone came out with a reissue a couple of years ago, but they botched it, made some horrible looking blue bolt on neck thing.

Now, if they'd reissue the Coronet using the same specs as in the link I gave, I'd buy it immediately.

They come up on ebay pretty often, but they prices are pretty steep. You're better off getting an old Melody Maker, great guitar, very similar to the Coronet too.

I found out that Olympic, Wilshire, and Crestwood are similar shapes... and there cheap one going on ebay right now I'd buy it if I didn't hate ebay.

EDIT: The Olympic is the one that I really like... it seems to have a smaller left horn...

Edited by eclipse666

I made a mock up how I'll build Coronet using that Kisekae Tele thing MSpaint and photoshop.......

olympic.jpg

:D

Edited by eclipse666

Well that looks like a....strat...

Make the waist a little thicker and especially, make the area near the horns flatter and you're there.

I think the differences among the Wiltshire, Olympic and Coronet (and Crestwood?) came down to level of finish, hardware etc., with the Olympic being top of the line. And they didn't all come out at the same time, so there were slight variations --I like the Coronet best though, because of the simplicity of the single P90 (chrome!)

The guitar in the ebay ad is a 70s reissue --made in Japan at a time when that wasn't so highly looked on. It's another bolt-on neck guitar that overlooks the spirit and design excellence (and build quality) of the originals.

Real 60s era Coronets sell for closer to $1000. (There's a seller from Germany who's been trying to sell one for a good year or more--he's asking closer to $3000!)

Well that looks like a....strat...

Yeah I kisikeaed a strat and then just distorted the dimensions..... I'm not that good at computer drawing so it still looks a lot like a strat...