Routing Pickup Pockets

What is the best way to route the pickup pockets?

Ive always done them by hand but they have never been straight.

Look here>>> http://xb5.xanga.com/aef886502403519281756/b13859659.jpg

The treble pickup is a little uneven. Any advice or tips?

Now, you need a bearing on the tip in order for it to work right. I have alot of

router bits but they dont have the bearing. Do they make kits or something that allows you to add the bearing?

Now, you need a bearing on the tip in order for it to work right. I have alot of 

router bits but they dont have the bearing. Do they make kits or something that allows you to add the bearing?

Yes, you can buy the bearing, but you should consider buying a pattern flush trim bit from MLCS, the #6509 is perfect for template routing for pickups, since it's only 1/2" long you won't have such a deep plunge when making your first pass. It's worth the investment.

Yes, you can buy the bearing, but you should consider buying a pattern flush trim bit from MLCS, the #6509 is perfect for template routing for pickups, since it's only 1/2" long you won't have such a deep plunge when making your first pass. It's worth the investment.

Thanks man, that looks like it will work perfectly! I just found a kit for the bearing on the internet, looks like its better to buy the bit.