Randall Rm 80 Mts Combo

Scott Rosenberger

Someone asked for a Tone Report so here it is :D

This thing has got to be the best idea since somebody put a pickup in a guitar. Pick an Amp you like, buy the comparable Randall Preamp module and have at it. B) I've got 4 with mine so far.

1. Ultra: (reminds me of a VHT Pitbull) This thing KILLS!!!! If you need more gain in an amp, there's something wrong with your hearing. It's a monster yet it still keeps the articulation on the low end. It never gets muddy PERIOD! The Highs are the same way, notes don't run together like most high gain amps.

2. SL+ (Hotrodded Plexi/JCM 800) It takes you back in time. Think of an 80's Glam/Metal Band. It'll even do the VH Brown thing.

3. Recto (self Explanitory) It's the Preamp from the Mesa Dual Rectifier. Killer for the Drop D Godsmack/Disturbed stuff

4. XTC (Bogner Ecstasy Red Channel) Great Lead Module. I've never owned a Bogner so I can't compare, so I'll just say It's Awesome

The Amp has Celestion G12T 75's in it in a 3/4 Closed back. I was skeptical at first because I don't like open back cabs with High Gain Amps but it stays tight and has plenty of low end.

That's all for now, I'm gonna go back and Jam some more :D

Awesome, I heard those were great amps but I've only seen review from non impartial players(guitar mags) so its great to see that they are as good as they're cracked up to be. It'll be a long time till I can afford one though being a student and all :D. Oh well, when I get a high paying job you'll know what one of my first buys will be :D.

It'll be a long time till I can afford one though being a student and all :D. Oh well, when I get a high paying job you'll know what one of my first buys will be :D.

That's the beauty of these amps, they have Combos, Heads and Rack stuff. for instance if you're on a budget and like rack gear, you could but the Empty preamp chassis for $400-$500, and buy the Preamp modules 1 at a time. Then run the Preamp into the Effects loop on your Combo Amp or into a dedicated power amp until you get the cash for a Head or Combo. When you get the cash, sell the preamp chassis for a minimal loss and keep all the preamps you've bought.