Thank You Project Guitar!

As we speak, I'm in the middle of fretting a guitar. (Well, not quite, I put down the hammer to come over to the computer, but you know what I mean.)

And it's going great. Without a hitch. I'm a little over halfway down the neck, and it seems like I've spent less time than two frets used to take me.

And it's coming out beautifully - I mean, I finally *get it*, it's just sort of "clicked" and I've finally grasped it. The true test will be how well it plays when it's all done, but there aren't any major problems with this fret job; no headaches to overcome, I haven't even had to pull + refret anything. Yet. (Hoping I'm not jinxing this by posting!)

My last fretting experiences, while they worked out in the end (but I think they could be better - there's bound to be more levelling involved than I would probably like) were just very frustrating experiences. Learning experiences, but I was pulling my hair out nonetheless. (and I don't need any help losing any more!)

So the point of this rambling post is to thank everyone here - this would never have happened without all the assistance of everyone who's answered my rambling posts, and everyone who's taken the time to share with each other here in the substantial body of knowledge that the archives of this board have become.

I guess this sounds silly, I'm just really really excited at how well this is turning out and wanted to thank the folks that helped it happen.

So, thanks.

.j

Excellent, it's good to hear lots of success stories. Keep learning and sharing the experiences.

I hope to start a project really soon and I know I wouldn't be thinking seriously about it if it hadn't been for this place.

Good luck!

So the point of this rambling post is to thank everyone here - this would never have happened without all the assistance of everyone who's answered my rambling posts, and everyone who's taken the time to share with each other here in the substantial body of knowledge that the archives of this board have become.

Rambling or not, your questions end up helping others learn too. :D