Buffing With My Drill

verhoevenc

The large fluffy white ones are for use with a "buffing arbor". Stew Mac sells those for shop use, although they are rather expensive (and also needs a seperate motor). You should return them and get the ones specifically for use with your hand drill. Or you could even go to say, Sears and get their hand drill buffing set. Hope this helps! :D

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoot! It's probably been WAY too long (cause I bought everything at the START of my build to save on shipping costs....).

Is there NO way to attach those to my drill? PS: what hand drill ones at stew mac are you talking about? The only thing for finishing they have with a hand drill is that polishing finese pad... I have one of those too....

So... anyone wanna buy two stewmac buffing wheels?? hahaha

Chris

PS: Just looked around Sears and couldn't find anything for hand drills... found some bench grinder attaching ones... could someone please link the hand drill ones they know of?

The caswell things are for an arbor. Smaller versions of saidsame might be drill-mountable, but aren't those a touch huge? Lotta torque there, and a lot of angular velocity. You'd need to work out the speed they're spinning at. My local 'mom and pop' hardware store has a small buffing kit with 6-8" diameter buffs for drill press mounting.

The hand-drill ones are the foam finesse-it pads.

Also, if you haven't used them, contact StewMac and explain the mixup. They've got the best customer service in the business, and I've heard stories of them taking stuff back that was over a year old. Might not be worth the shipping cost, though.

exactly... the shipping is what'll kill me sending them back, hense why I'm selling them here hopefully... that way whoever buys them saves on price, and shipping (cause personal shipping will be less than stewmac) so it's pretty much win win.

And can you use those finese things with the buffing compound i bought? that thick block of brown and white stuff?

Chris

You probably can use the buffing compound you have, if it isn't too hard. Stewmac sells paste versions of the same compounds for use on the Finesse pads (on the same page). As for the big wheels, even if you mounted them to your hand drill, it wouldn't have the torque to spin them. It just wouldn't work right.