Price On Gibson Deluxe Tuners?

Dylan

I'm retrofitting my '72 Gibson SG with some new locking tuners, and I'd like to sell the original Gibson Deluxe tuners (probably on ebay). They're in perfect working and aesthetic condition, except for a little tarnish which I can clean off pretty easily.

What would be an acceptable price (or "reserve" if I'm selling on ebay) to ask for these tuners?

Thanks,

Dylan

I'd suggest keeping hold of them.

If its a 72 vintage, if or when you come to sell, different machines will detract from price.

Store them safely in a box somewhere.

Thanks for the advice, but I'm not concerned about the guitar's value. This guitar is gonna stay in my family. I'm more focused on making it play and sound good and customizing it to my liking than keeping its value.

-Dylan-

No disrespect intended, but I've seen, heard, and experienced the remorse and regret years after "I'm not concerned about its value." Do yourself a favor and don't change anything that can't be changed back. And don't sell anything you might wish you'd held onto years from now.

Ultimately it's your decision, but don't say we didn't warn you. :D

It's impossible to return this guitar to stock. The tuners are the only major piece of hardware left on it. My uncle replaced and sold the bridge/tailpiece, most of the electronics, even the strap buttons, before he gave the guitar to me.

are you that hard up for the cash?

I'm a crack addict........ Just kidding!

But really, I'd just like to know what these original tuners may be worth, even though I'm getting rather attached to the looks of them now that I've cleaned them and I may just keep them in a box on my shelf. Can anyone just give me a rough estimate of what their value would be? I really appreciate the interest in helping me realize what I may be doing if I sell them, but at this point I just want to know what they're worth.

Thanks,

Dylan

If you're already a member, go into "advanced search" on eBay, you can search on "completed listings only" and see what people are buying them for. The red ones are the ones that didn't sell, the green ones are. That's the market.

Too bad it only goes back 30 days or so....for some things, it would be nice to search back 6 months or a year.