Jump to content

Help Me Add A Cab!

Curtis P

Recommended Posts

I think there might be a jack on your amp that you could plug an external cab into. If not look in the back of the amp to see where the speaker connects, if it is a 1/4 plug you plug a cab into that. Be careful to match the ohms or you could have major problems. If I remember correctly when you connect a cab to that amp, the internal speaker shuts off, so you need atleast a 2X12 for it to make any noticeable difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got this from the peavey website

"TransTube® does make a difference. Plenty of punch from 80 watts (rms) runs through a bold 12 inch Sheffield® 1230 speaker while an external speaker jack lets you connect to a bigger cab if necessary."

And apparently you can run it at either 4 or 8 ohms. This is real important by the way: USE SPEAKER CABLE NOT A GUITAR CABLE! Sorry for yelling but I had to get the point across, its cheap so if your buying a cab from a store just tack on another $20 for the right cable.

Edited by exafro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...