Edges On Body Not Straight

When I but my blank, unfortunately the bandsaw cut at a bit of an angle. Since I am building a Jem guitar, I would like to have the edges as level as possible. I've already used a random orbit sander and done lots of hand-sanding, but it still seems uneven.

Should I try using a spokeshave to level them out?

Thanks.

if you have access to a spindle sander you could straighten it out with that. the spindle stands at ninety degrees to the table and will give you a straight side. they're also great for sanding the inside curves of the horns.

if not take Arseneau's advice but add a template. get yourself a top-bearing straight bit long enough to cut the entire thickness of your body. attach a template to the top of your guitar and run the router around the template and there's your straight edges.

good luck!

I've done it the hard way. When you cut out a body with a jigsaw you can't help having a few angled areas here and there. After that it was just some heavy sanding with coarse grit on a rigid block and constantly checking with a carpenter's square. When ever doing freehand cuts with ANY tool or machine be sure to stay outside the line. Or else your guitar will be just a little bit smaller than you thought it would be. :D