Single Coil With Separate Volume

rootsbloodyroots

hey i kinda need some help my brothers guitar has two humbuckers a 3way selector switch a volume and a tone he asked me to put a single coil in for him so i did and he wanted it to have its own individual volume so i put that in and wired the yellow wire to the ground and the black wire to the middle of the volume and connected the other volume to it and the separate volume doesnt work on its own but i think it does when the other volume is on.help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

I have a strat that has a separate volume for the mid pickup so that it can be blended in to any position of the selector. The volume control is wired directly to the master volume (bypassing the selector switch) and seems to work fine and is a cool control to have. Unfortunately I don't have a schematic and am going by memory but it can be done and there are no doubt schems around somewhere as the idea is not original as such! pete

i have it working as a blend control kind of like you said thanks, but the single coil works fine on full when the humbuckers are both on but when only one is on the single coil cuts out if i turn the volume over half way and it seems to take some of the power away from the humbuckers when the single is at zero. i dont maybe thats something i'll have to live with it does sound awesome when all three are on though thanks again. Collin