To Buy Or Not To Buy?

BlackHawk2025

hey guys..... im looking at a charvel guitar at the local music shop for 300 bux...... plays like a DREAM......... no clue what model though...... all i know is its either an '89 or a '90. it's got a kahler model 2500 trem and an extra one in the case....... real low action with jumbo frets but doesnt buzz........ locking nut that probably wont be locked all too often. minor dents but i may refinish it anyways. its currently black with a black pickgaurd but i think white with a black pinstripe around the perimeter and two running down the center might look nice......... welp im off to school (2 hour delay) lemme know what u guys think.

minor dents but i may refinish it anyways

That seems strange to me, I usually buy a guitar for all its good qualities, if i dont like the finish then i dont buy it, if im spending my hard earned cash on something, it has to be good to me.

That said im a big fan of charvels and if its a very good player, for that price you should perhaps go for it, but if your dead set on refinishing it, try and get the price down from the seller based on the fact the finish isnt perfect :D

~~ TS ~~

not sure about charvels or anything sorry. but i did buy a BC Rich strat with a kahler 2500...you willing to part with the kahler if you buy the guitar? i lost some of the parts and dont want to pay $15+ for some screws :D

Edited by Hughes

not sure about charvels or anything sorry. but i did buy a BC Rich strat with a kahler 2500...you willing to part with the kahler if you buy the guitar? i lost some of the parts and dont want to pay $15+ for some screws :D

that spare kahler doesnt have the screws...... 'n' if i buy it im not gonna part with the screws and buy more...... im probably going to use that spare kahler on a V or warlock build anyways........ speaking of anybody know about the sound of oak as a body wood?...... it's cheap........ and if itll sound alright i may have to jump on it...... and anybody have any advice on carvin neck-thru necks?