Schematic Help

Sugizo

Hey everybody, I recently purchased a Seymour Duncan APH-1 and I plan on installing it in my Epiphone Les Paul studio with this schematic on they're website. Link I understand the schematic(I want a split with a push/pull pot), however I have a problem. The PU selector switch has four solder points on it? My PU selector has only has three and a ground? I'm not sure what it means, do I ground the PU selector, even though it doesn't show a ground symbol for it?

Anyways thanks for your help.

I see. Some of the toggle style pickup selector switches do have 4 terminals with the middle two usually soldered together. So your 3 terminals and a ground only has a single terminal replacing the two in the middle. Not a problem.

You can ground the toggle switch even if it doesn't show a connection on the schematic. Probably not necessary if the switch has a plastic cap, but if it has a metal tip I'd ground it.

You don't even need to mess with the switch unless you disassembled all the electronics, for whatever reason. Disconnect and remove the old bridge tone control, mount the new push-pull pot, and solder up the original wire from the selector switch to the new pot and solder up the pickup and split wiring.

You don't even need to mess with the switch unless you disassembled all the electronics, for whatever reason. Disconnect and remove the old bridge tone control, mount the new push-pull pot, and solder up the original wire from the selector switch to the new pot and solder up the pickup and split wiring.

So I remove the the old tone pot and replace it with a push-pull pot, solder the wire that went from the selector switch to the old pot to the new Push-Pull pot, solder the pickup and the split wiring(assuming it's the wires that are supposed to be soldered together and insulated? Red and White?) all to the same push-pull pot? Does it matter which solder points I solder them to on the pot?

Thanks for your replies they're appreciated. :D

If you look at the diagram again it'll show which lugs to solder the pickup and switch wires to on the pot. Solder the red and white wires together, then to one of the middle lugs on the switching part of the push-pull pot, with another wire soldered to the top lug of the push-pull switch and the back of the tone pot, or wherever the ground is on your setup.