Soapbar Pickups

theitalianrob

Basslines (Duncan), Bartolini, Dimarzio, all the big names, basically...why do you want to change 'em out? EMG probably makes some of the best and they have excellent preamps and accessory circuits to get whatever sound you want.

well i have the esp stock pups and i was already looking into emg's but i couldnt find other brands with soapbars. ill prob end up with emg's tho, either that or changing it to 18v power instead of 9v

Aren't the stock ESP pickups made by EMG if they're active? Hmmm. I don't know for sure myself.

If you're not happy with the sound of the soapbar-style, you might want to look into a P-style bass. Not necessarily a Fender bass, but one with a P-style pickup configuration. They can get nice and wooly with distortion, especially if you're going punk and hardcore.

Yamaha makes some of the best P-style basses, so you might want to check one out. While they may not have the cachet of an ESP/LTD bass, they're some of the best in the world and the only other brand that has more bass recordings is Fender.

Aren't the stock ESP pickups made by EMG if they're active? Hmmm. I don't know for sure myself.

If you're not happy with the sound of the soapbar-style, you might want to look into a P-style bass. Not necessarily a Fender bass, but one with a P-style pickup configuration. They can get nice and wooly with distortion, especially if you're going punk and hardcore.

Yamaha makes some of the best P-style basses, so you might want to check one out. While they may not have the cachet of an ESP/LTD bass, they're some of the best in the world and the only other brand that has more bass recordings is Fender.

well some esp come with emg's, depending on the bass model. And im actually building a bass right now that has a 60's bass humbucker in teh neck and a p-bass pup in a humbucker housing for the bridge, so that shoudl give me the sound i want, thanks for teh advise.