Project In Progress

STATIC

ok so pretty much i could only get a pic of the front side of my guitar, then my camera broke

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/usd...10/101_0080.jpg

some notes -

truss rod does look like it is really far up the neck joint, but if i could have gotten a pic of the joint you can see that this isnt a problem at all.

that little rectangle shaped carving on the bridge is there because that half of the body is actually 5mm higher up than the other half and the neck, like a personality kinda thing.

i would appreciate all criticism. thanks

I love the front body contour - very nice! However, I have two concerns.

1.Those horns look mighty fragile. I'd be afraid of knocking the thing over. Any thoughts on that? (If this were a boat building forum, you'd be wrapping them in fiberglass and epoxy for strength.)

2. How does it balance? I'm wondering since there seems to be a lot of weight on the right hand side.

BTW - what are the holes(?) along the right hand side?

well actually i realized that the horns probably wouldnt stay on for long, so what i did is get two tinner sheets of wood and some good strong steel reinforcement and essentially outlined the horns with it so they are actually extremely strong. then i glued the two pieces together with the supports routed in between them.

the holes on the right side are for all the pots and switches

and it is actually extremely well balanced, because it is kind of distorted in that pic. in the bottom part of the right half it sticks waaaaay out, but then in the middle before the horns it comes waaaaay in. plus there is a pretty big control cavity on the back, as the holes show.